Thursday, August 27, 2009

The lost can be found

It is so hard at times to know that everything happens for a reason. At times I wish we could see why. But God loves us and knows what is best. We probably couldn't handle the why any better than the current struggle. Every pain has a purpose. God has a plan for each one of us. He knows the struggles we will go through, the bad decisions we'll make, and more importantly than that, where we will spend an eternity. It may just be me, but it seems like the older I get, the more sad things happen. There are days that I just can't take watching the news or reading blogs. I just get so consumed!

I look back on my life and can see why God placed me on a certain path. I've gone through some tough times but so far I have to say it was worth it. Never thought I would say that. Even with Bailey, at times, I can understand a little, why she's had to go through some things that she really shouldn't have to deal with at her age.

Recently I shared with my Dad the dream I had about my youngest brother. I wrote a post on it back in June. It still bothers me and as a matter of fact it really bothers me that there are sooo many people out there that don't know Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. I used to be one of those people and just didn't see what the big deal was about religion/God. But, I'll tell you, when I GOT it, I GOT IT! So now, I may seem like a bible thumping, holy roller to some (yes, I've been called that) but that isn't an insult to me. We (christians) are supposed to be different than others. I believe that the Bible is God's true and living word. How can I believe that and not want to share with others what God has done for me?

Lord, I just pray for those that don't know you, that they'll come closer to knowing you today. Thank you Lord that the lost can be found!

No comments: