Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Divine appointments.

Shortly after I became a Christian, I remember a friend of mine telling me that I would learn that there is no such thing as a coincidence. Oh my goodnes was he right! I look back now and see how if certain things hadn't happened I wouldn't be where I am today.

I think I've written before that I've been in situations and realized that I was supposed to be in that place at that time, no doubt. Those are the times that I KNOW just how much God is in control and just how real HE is. It's amazing how God is working in and around us and we don't always see it.

About 2 months before I found out I was pregnant with Reese, I went to the doctor for my yearly check-up. In the exam room while I was waiting, a magazine was sitting there. On the front of it was Reese Witherspoon and it said "Sweet Reese". We had already been talking about names and I just got chills....wondering if that was a sign of what was to come. The next day, Denson and I were looking at a house that was under construction. There were mirrors that were lableled with their kids names and what name was on one of them......yep, Reese! I knew that would be our baby's name.

I truly believe that the people we encounter, places we go, are no accident. Have you ever gotten the feeling you should say something to a person? I have and I don't act on it like I should. I guess in fear that the person will think I'm crazy, but I always feel horrible when I miss the opportunity. I will say I have not always gotten the response I've expected either. But, I am just the messenger and God is still at work!

I am so not good with words but I pray that God will give me the words to speak to people I encounter and the courage to not back down.

No comments: