Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bath time boy is back!!

Reese has always liked getting a bath. He never wanted to get out and he would lay down in the bathtub after the water drained and I would have to pry him out of the bathtub kicking screaming.....that was until 2 months ago. He had an unfortunate accident that really scared him. He pooped in the tub! When he saw "it" he freaked out. Let me add that it wasn't just a little, but it was rather large. I know that is gross but I can see why the little fella may have been that scared. Anyway, he was trying to get away and the more he moved, the more it came after him. He was terrifed!

For a few weeks he would cry and would absolutely not sit down while I bathed him. He did get a little more comfortable and he stopped crying but still refused to sit down. Right after dinner, which is his usual bath time, he would start saying "Bath, no doo doo?" Every night, I would have to reassure him there was no doo doo in the bathtub. One night he passed gas, and the poor baby nearly jumped out of the bathtub. I couldn't help but laugh but he was really scared.

Finally, the last few nights, he has started sitting down again. And let me tell you, bath time boy, which is what I used to call him, is back in full effect!! We are back to the splashing so much I need a rain suit and I think it's safe to say he is easily drinking a gallon of water. I'm glad he is loving bathtime again!

Oh, and I forgot to tell this little story on my last post. I put a humidifier in his room every night to help keep him well. He loves playing with it so I have to be careful to put it in his room when I know he can't get to it. Well, the other night, he got to it and poured all the water out!! That is a lot of water! He didn't just pour it out, he was rolling around, jumping and sliding around in it. Not only was the floor soaked but he was too, and loving every minute of it. He got me again a few days later. When will I learn!!!!

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

This is hysterical. I love the humidifier story.