Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Reese's creativity

The last 7 days have been quite eventful around our house. Reese has reached a new level of his..........let's just call it creativity. I really had NO IDEA how different little boys were from girls. I didn't have to put anything up from Bailey. Once I told her no, she stopped and that was that. Reese on the other hand. We have had to put everything up. We have 2 gates up, child proof things on the door knobs, covers in all electrical outlets and it still isn't enough. He can still open the doors so now we have to lock them. He can also pull the plug covers out. His latest venture is to drag anything he can stand on up to the kitchen counters and have a good ol' time.
Saturday morning we were getting ready to leave and I heard a noise in the kitchen.....not good! He was pouring a bag of cerael out. Ok, I can handle that, that is actually a daily occurrence. Then I notice the cerael is lumped up in one spot, and the rocking horse doesn't look quite right. HONEY, oh no, I didn't put the honey up after breakfast!!!!
Notice the honey bear is almost empty, and the lid is off, not just opened

Poor little rocking horse will never be the same. I was suprised that the honey came up better than I thought it would. It still wasn't fun getting it up!

This was a different day. Not sure how the cerael box got on the table. Usually when he is in his high chair I am free to do a few things and don't have to worry. Wrong on this day. I heard him say "I'm hungry", which is great since he isn't talking a whole lot.................I walk in and this is what I found.
I can't really get mad, I just laugh and document. When he gets older, and if for some strange reason his kids are calm, I will produce pictures and give them some ideas!
I have one more story. I'm sorry to say I didn't take pictures because The Bachelor was coming on and hey, my priorities are right where they are supposed to be! I thought Denson was watching Reese while I curled Bailey's hair to figure out how we would fix it for dance pictures Saturday. I had to lock him out of the bathroom because he likes to turn the water on the tub on and turn it so the water is pouring out on the floor instead of in the bathtub. Or, if he's not doing that he is playing in the toilet, or coloring whatever he can find with my mascara! Ok, back to the story. I'm curling Bailey's hair and hear some noises that don't sound so great, but Denson was watching him so I didn't worry. But when I kept hearing them, I realized maybe Denson wasn't with him. I walk in the kitchen and he had pulled up a kitchen chair to the counter. I had chili on the stove cooling off (yes, it had cooled off at this point), he had gotten a glass out of the cabinet and was scooping chili out of the pot and into my coffee pot!! He had already thrown the coffee grounds onto the floor. When he sees me he attempts to pour the chili out! I caught the pot before it could get any worse. As I'm cleaning up the mess, and missing The Bachelor he is eating the coffee grounds. Bedtime came a little early that night!
I love being a mom to a little boy!!



No comments: