Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's been awhile.....

I never know where to begin writing. Certain times during the day I say "Yeah, I need to write a blog about that.".......then I forget.........or I remember them all and feel like it would be too much info and just don't write anything.



I'll start with a funny. You know you are getting old when a guy (early to mid twenties) says "No mam" to you. Yep, I was at the gym at 5:00 am and asked this guy if he was using a piece of equipment before using it myself and he says, "no mam". I know I didn't have on make-up but come on! It doesn't help that Bailey thinks I'm old as dirt already. She asks me all the time if I grew up in the "old" days. I guess maybe to her I did grow up in the old days. My sister in law was babysitting a few weeks ago and she and Bailey got on the subject of birthdays. Bailey asked her how old she was.......when Leigh Ann told her she came back with "Wow, your older than my mom!". Isn't that great! But I am getting older everyday and that is just a fact of life.



Speaking of getting older, my Nanny has been sick. She had a stent put in and ended up having fluid around her heart and had to stay in the hospital a few more days. I stayed with her one night and we talked for hours. It was great but I was reminded that growing old is a part of life and that our bodies will wear out one day. But, we can be so thankful that this life here on earth is just temporary.



In honor of my Nanny I wanted to write a few words that make me think of her....Dippity Doo, hodge podge, sewing, home cooked food, vacation bible school, organ, clumsy, funny, loving, blessed, travel, and beauty parlor.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Last night as I was picking up toys, I said to God, "We need a break through!" but I heard Him saying to me, "No, you don't need a break through, you just need Me." It really got me thinking and of course He is right. As long as God is first in our life, everything else will be ok. I read Psalm 118 and that really spoke to me. In particular verse 6-7 "The Lord is with me, I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? The Lord is with me; he is my helper. I will look in triumph on my enemies."



We do not need to be afraid..... sometimes that is easier said than done especially in the times we are having now. Fear is not a fruit of the spirit and we can't let fear rule our lives. Our hope and joy is in the Lord, not things or money.

No comments: