Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I just love Easter. Since becoming a christian, it just takes on a whole new meaning. I was overwhelmed with emotion Sunday at church. We sang an old hymn "Because He lives" and that just about caused the tears to flow (thus embarrassing Denson). Not only is that song so meaningful, but it also reminds me of my grandparents. When we were little we would go to church with them and most of the old hymns take me back to those days. How I miss my PaPa!!

It thrills my heart to see Bailey understand why we celebrate Easter......and to see her so interested in the bible. The Easter Bunny brought her a new big girl bible and she loved it!

Easter Eve I read a sermon that Charles Spurgeon preached on the Easter of 1857. Very powerful message. If you get a moment to read here is the link: http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/0127.htm. I won't go into it too much because I could never do it justice. He speaks about the 3 people Jesus brought back to life and how each of them had been dead for different lengths of time. I'll stop there because I won't be able to explain it to where it makes sense:) Great read and I'll be reading more of Charles Spurgeon in the future.
************************************************************************************
Most of you probably know that Denson is not a big conversationalist and doesn't like to talk to people he doesn't know.....totally out of his comfort zone. I swear that no matter where we or he goes he draws the people that just want to talk and will talk to anybody about any and everything. Last week Denson was waiting at the chiropractors office and he spotted a guy that he thought would probably be a talker.......so, he intentionally sat across the room. He said he picked up a magazine and the cover was something to do with Nascar. Well, that opened the door! Across the room the guy asked him if he liked racing and so the unsolicited conversation began.

The day after that Denson and I were at the store. He had walked away from me to get something and as he was coming back this lady stops him and asks if he knows where the kool-aid is. I heard and saw from a distance and I had to just walk away I was laughing so hard. First of all, I never would I ask a man if he knew where anything was in a grocery store. Maybe she thought he worked there I don't know. Pretty funny though.

************************************************************************************
Easter pics.
Bailey with her easter basket. Isn't her new bible too cute??

Reese has a basket too, it's just not in view due to the 6ft alligator. He loved it!


No comments: