Thursday, April 2, 2009

"People are like stained glass windows............."

Bailey said something today that really made me proud...... and made me think. I had picked her up from school and she asked if we could play outside when we got home. I told her we could, we had a little while before the storms came through. This last week has just been a rainy one. She proceeded to tell me she thought it was a pretty day. Today would not be what most people would call a pretty day by no means. So, I said well, it's been a cloudy day for sure. She said "I know, that's what made it pretty, seeing the sky through the clouds." Wow, what could I say after that?

How much better could our lives be if we could see what's beyond the clouds of life? This made me think of a saying that I just love: "People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." (Elizabeth Kubler-Ross) Awesome..........Really, our happiness shouldn't be based on our circumstances.

Pastor Chris preached a great sermon this past Sunday and he talked about being content. Being content is something you have to learn. This world tells you that you need more money, better car, bigger house, more, more, more. You can't take a darn thing with you when you leave this earth. When you die, there is nothing you have or can buy that will stop the one thing we will all do one day.....die. It's funny because Denson and I had just talked about contentment the week before. It is amazing how God speaks. Sometimes I wonder why I continue to use the word amazing, because God is awesome all the time and nothing He does should suprise me......but I'm still in AWE!!

1 comment:

Karencom said...

What a strong and true message, thanks for sharing. Reading this blog was a good way to start this day. Bailey sure is insightful and wise for an almost-eight-year-old! :)