Monday, May 4, 2009

The Motion

I have been in a funk the last couple of weeks. You know, the kind of funk where you don't do any of the things you are supposed to do.....like reading the bible, praying, and of course other things that are much less important like cleaning house! Last week I had a great excuse to not clean.......I had a horrible crick (spelling??) in my neck that caused me to wake up in the middle of the night not able to move. Luckily after 3 visits to the chiropractor I can move and look to the left without crying. Still no excuse for not reading the bible or praying. That really stinks!

Luckily I am/was very aware that I needed to get back on the bible reading, praying train that I had fallen off of. I do not want to EVER forget what God has done for me and go back to the life I had BC (before Christ).

So, towards the end of last week I knew God was trying to tell me something. For me sometimes, I can hear a song, hear a sermon, read an email and just boo hoo.....knowing that very thing was EXACTLY what I needed at that very moment. God is just awesome like that! Friday afternoon I was in the car and heard Matthew West's song "The Motions". Yep, I teared up. I came in and wrote the lyrics on a piece of paper and hung it on the fridge. I did not want to forget those words!! So, just to show you how I knew this was what God was telling me..........Sunday morning at church a video was played and guess to what song??? The Motions, by Matthew West. Crazy!!!! I am going to try to post the song so you guys can hear how awesome it is. "I don't want to go through the motions, I don't want to go one more day, without your all consuming passion inside of me. What if I spent my whole life asking, what if I had given everything instead of going through the motions."

Of course the sermon was awesome and spoke to me. Last week I had a dream about a friend that I used to work with. I dreamed we were at a funeral and he was outside the church crying. He was saying he just didn't understand how the people in the church were so at peace, it just didn't make sense. I walked up to him and told him how to get that peace. So based on the sermon yesterday, I feel compelled to call or email this friend and tell him about the dream. I know that said friend will think I am crazy but what if he needs to hear what I have to say? What if the words I speak are an answer to prayer? Have any of you ever had a dream about someone and relayed the info? I guess I just need to pray about this situation and see what God wants me to do.....I hope I get it right!!

Click on one of the pictures at the top of my blog to watch the video (couldn't figure out how to post right here). Anywho, don't forget to scroll to the bottom of my blog to stop the music that always plays. Hope you enjoy the video as much as I have!

No comments: