Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8th (and a rant I shouldn't get on)

I can't believe it's been a month since I've written a blog....where does the time go? Today is Bailey's 8th birthday! Crazy, crazy that I have an 8 yr old. She has been so excited for a month about this birthday. I guess when you are a kid, you just want to be older....then when you are older you wish you were a kid again!

Sadly though, today was not a good day for her. Without going into to much info here, I'll just say two things. First, the morning started off with a phone call from her stepmom (not good since she starts the conversation with "I just thought you would want to know what's going on.") and second, once Bailey got home she told me her dad wasn't a good truth teller. So sad, but so true. However, we did go to Johny Rockets for dinner and strangers singing happy birthday to her made her day!

I have to say my peace and then I will try to stay off of this subject. I can not talk about drinking alcohol without getting very mad! I feel so passionate about not drinking that I tend to take it to the extreme. If you can't handle alcohol, don't drink!!! If you can't function and take care of your responsibilities, don't drink! If you wreck numerous vehicles due to drinking, don't drink! If it bothers your children when you drink, don't drink! If you don't want your kids to grow up to be an alcoholic, don't drink! I could go on and on but I will stop with that. I guess I just don't understand why it is so hard for people to see the damage that is caused in a family when alcohol is number one in a persons life. Oh, I forgot this one, "Jesus turned water into wine, it's ok to drink." It's not ok to get drunk, and please for the love tell me how drinking honors God??? I need to know the answer to that.

Ok, so I did get carried away and I will stop for real this time. I am praying that I can calm down on this topic. The world is so good at convincing people that was is wrong is ok. Please know what you believe and why you believe it or else the world will take you down a long hard path that leads to nothing.

1 comment:

bankrgrl said...

Happy Birthday Miss Bailey!

S - Hate that you are having to deal with this stuff, but I am thinking of you. =)

Take care! Let's try and go to lunch soon. I am getting out of "Club Med" tomorrow and going back to work on Monday.