Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:2

Do you ever have dreams that you wish you could somehow record and go back and watch? I have and last night was one of them. I dreamed about my PaPa! It was weird but it was like I had gone back in time before he passed away and he was telling me things I needed to know to live a good life. It was like I knew he was gone but I wanted to soak up as much of what he was telling me as I could. Of course I can't remember everything but what did stick out in my mind was him telling me not to worry about the things of this world....there was nothing "here" that could make me happy. In the inside I was thinking, "Yes! I know that now and you would be so proud!" It was great to see his face and remember him. Gosh, he's been gone 14 yrs and I still miss him so much!

He was such a wise, Godly man. I wish I really could go back and ask him questions. I would ask him to tell me about his life before God and what led him to Him (my nanny has where he had written it down, we just need to find it!). I would get more details of his dream/vision of heaven. Just plain ol' advice for life.

I wish I could tell him what an impact he had on my life. Unfortunately I didn't realize it until he was gone. Really, him telling about his dream of heaven saved me. It took a long time but I never forgot it.

The things we say and do now......we never know how God will use that to impact lives years down the road.

One last thing. We had community group tonight and the 2nd scripture we read was Colossians 3:1-11. The first couple of verses said "Since then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." I don't think it was a coincidence that I had that dream and THEN this scripture was part of our study tonight. God is so awesome!

No comments: