Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm finding myself at a loss for words.

I had a moment today.................while folding clothes. One of my least favorite things to do and there He was, right there with me! I am trying very hard not to watch a lot of TV so I decided to listen to music and "Word of God Speak" by Kutless came on and the tears were flowing before I knew it.
Chorus:
Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That Your in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your Holiness
Word of God speak

God is everywhere and in everything. At times that is hard to see. As I've mentioned before, a good friend and I are doing a bible study on Esther. Esther is the only book in the bible that never mentions God.......but, He is all over it!

Psalm 139: 7-10 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand, will hold me fast.

I think I've mentioned this before, but I think it's worth saying again. Things we are able to get away with (not feel convicted about) now, may be the things that we can't get away with (feel convicted) months down the road. We are always being pruned, which will allow us to grow spiritually.

John 15:1-2 I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

There are 3 areas I feel that are being pruned right now:

1. Time- The way I spend my time - mostly watching TV. Most shows I watch bring nothing of value to my life. The world likes to tell us "You've worked hard today, the kids are in bed, you deserve it, watch whatever you want." Trust me, I have a lot of work to do but I have cut out 3 shows so far and I don't even miss it!

2. Faithfulness - Remain faithful in giving ESPECIALLY during the hard times. I came across Hebrews 10:35-39 on 3-5-10 and I had marked in my bible on 3-5-06. Exactly 4 yrs later! Verse 35 - So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. God will provide and the bible doesn't say to give if you feel like it or if things are going well.

3. Stay Strong - Satan will always be working to bring you down. He knows what works and will use that against you time and time again. There are certain lies that get in my head from time to time and I refuse to let my thoughts go there anymore!!

God is there, even when we find ourselves at a loss for words, and the funny thing is, it's ok.

No comments: