Thursday, December 18, 2008

Eventful Day!!

About mid way through the day I had a couple of little stories I wanted to share. Around 5: 00 we went & grabbed something to eat from Milo's and headed out to look at Christmas lights....in the rain. That was ok, we had fun. We get home, I'm baking cookies, Bailey is sweeping the foyer and I hear her say, "Momma, Reese is throwing ornaments down the stairs!" I sorta rolled my eyes, and wanted to get one more batch of cookies in the oven before I attempted to get him to stop. But, I heard a loud bang and Bailey scream. I looked down the stairs and saw Reese's little red stool, and took off for Bailey. Denson reached her first. Her hands were covering her head at first but when she moved them, I saw blood. I didn't panic at first and thankfully Denson stayed calm. We got the blood contained and I went to move her hair and didn't like what I saw. That's when I lost it a bit. Denson and I looked at each other and he quietly said, "You need to take her to the doctor." Bailey flipped, saying she didn't want stitches. I get her in the car and off we go.

Oh, and Reese was put in his bed while we tended to Bailey. Denson said when we left Reese knew something was wrong. He had his bottom lip poked out and kept crying "Bayee".

I decided to take her to the Urgent Care in Trussville. Luckily they are open until 9:00 and we got there a little after 8:00. Bailey had to get 3 stitches and she handled it very, very well. Bless her heart!!

Now for my funny stories: Last night Reese was being quiet.......which is usually a BAD sign! I look in the living room and he is sitting on the couch with Bailey's tap shoes on and playing with a toy drill. I couldn't find the camera or else there would be pictures! I think he may be a little confused, or he hangs with his sister too much.

One more................

Today, he brought me a ribbon and apparently he thought it was a belt. I tied it around his waist in a bow. I told him to look in the mirror and he turned around (back side facing the mirror) and looked over his shoulder at himself. He looked just like me!!! I guess I check out that side more so than the front:) I couldn't wait to show Denson so when he got home we went through the same scenario and he did it AGAIN! Poor baby needs to spend a week with just Daddy.

Hopefully tomorrow will be less eventful or at least not ending with a trip to Urgent Care!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Awe, Bailey...bless her heart!