Tuesday, December 9, 2008

First Post

So, it took me a little while to somewhat figure this out. It took me 40 minutes to figure how to add music....may be days before I post pictures:) A work in progress.

I have been so inspired by reading blogs lately. After everyone's in bed, and it's just me, I read blogs and I'm loving it! I have to say Bailey's 1st teacher, Mrs. Lowry got me interested. I started by reading her blog and then the blogs she had posted on her page. I have to admit, one afternoon, I sat for 2 hours reading "Bring the Rain", and I cried for most of those 2 hours.

It is so sad to hear of all the trajedy, loss, and just heartbreaking stories that happen more than we care for them to. It is probably rare that you find someone that hasn't been affected by a trajedy. I never knew how common miscarriages were until my sister had 2. Those were bad enough but the heartbreaking one was her water breaking at 19 weeks. I will post on the whole story later. God had his hand in the situation and protected my sister, which we didn't find out until later. My heart ached for her and I can only imagine how SHE felt.

II Corinthians 1:3-4 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." When God comforts us, we are to use our experience to comfort others. I like the saying "Every Pain has a Purpose". What a blessing to be blessed, AND be a blessing to someone else!

I really feel like hearing these stories and seeing how God is working and how we truly draw strength from him....that is so encouraging! You never know what someone is going through, went throught, or will be going through. To know no one is alone in this walk is great.

My goal for this blog is to write about the ways God is working in my life and around me. I also feel like writing is therapeutic. With a 7 yr old and almost 2 yr old, I will probably post some of our comical stories as well. God is great and he makes all things new :)

1 comment:

Meg said...

I am so glad you joined!!