Saturday, December 13, 2008

Have you looked at the Moon lately?

Friday night, December 12th our power went off. Normally I wouldn't care but I was in the middle of making 310 sausage balls! I had already planned on going to the store to get tons of ice to put in the cooler to salvage all my hard work. Anyway, I looked out the window to see if our neighbors lights and street lights were off, and yep, they were. But, it was so bright outside!! I could see everything so easily. The moon was unbelievably bright. The power came back on and I continued cooking. At that point not thinking much about the moon I got online and there happened to be a story about the moon....how crazy. Last night the moon was the brightest and largest of 2008. Looking at it tonight, it is still pretty darn bright!

This made me think of the star in the east that led the Wise Men to Jesus after he was born. I can just see them walking in light, in the middle of the night. I wonder what was going through their mind? To know that the King of Kings had arrived!! It's easy for us to get excited, we've read about and seen the great things he has done, the lives he's changed, what he's done for us, but to not REALLY know...I just wonder what they thought. But at the same time, this STAR led them to Him. They didn't have a map, mapquest, or directions. So, I would imagine that being led directly to Jesus by a star,they probably did know this was a very special birth. In my study bible it says the star was not an ordinary star, planet or comet. Wow, that means it was probably way bigger and brighter than the brightest and largest moon of 2008.

Christmas is such a magical time of year, and it's not because of Santa :) I get teary eyed thinking of Jesus's birth. To know he was born to save the world from sin, and how grateful I am for that! My favorite part of the Christmas story is when the angel appeared to the shepherds. Luke 2 :10-12 But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

I love that the angel gave them a sign that they would have no doubt this was Jesus. I love it now that we still get signs today. There is nothing better than confirmation, and the peace you receive when doing something you know God wants you to do.

Jingle Jam is tomorrow and I can't wait!! Bailey has done a great job rehearsing and maybe, just maybe I can get through the program without crying :)

No comments: