Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Field Trip

So today was the field trip to Montgomery. The bus ride wasn't too bad. Except for having to use the bathroom. I mistakenly had a cup of coffee and a glass of water prior to leaving. Big mistake! It wouldn't have been so bad if I had been the first use it. Instead 5 or 6 boys had used it. While the bus was moving. I'll let you use your imagination as to how that went. After being traumatized by that, someone had an upset tummy and let's just say that smell is still in my nose. Going back to the field trip.....I really did enjoy it. Lots and lots of history! I would love to go back and see everything. The last part of the field trip was my favorite. We go up to the 6th floor to watch a live legislative session. We get up there and there are people everywhere. To be more specific, there were Hispanics at every turn. I don't think I've written about my opinion on the new law pertaining to illegal immigrants so ill just say i think it is awful and I dont agree with it AT ALL! My heart starts racing and it really hit me that we were at the place/building that laws are made. Looking at those people, their children, their families and thinking of the impact the decisions these lawmakers make will have made me emotional. I wanted to hug all of them. I wanted to scream to the top of my lungs what an injustice this was. I did briefly speak to a lady holding her baby and told her I did not support this law. I made eye contact with another and smiled at her. We go in, sit down and start watching what was going on. I was disturbed. I was shocked as each representative got up to give their opinion on things coming up to be voted on and NO ONE was paying attention at all! People talking to each other, on cell phones talking, texting, some on computers. No wonder our government is in the shape its in! You've got a bunch of people that aren't directly affected by this stupid law that appear to not have any compassion voting on the fate of a whole group of people. Unbelievable! I just don't get it. I pray that hearts will be changed and that a different resolution that will help these children of God will be made. Please Lord!

No comments: