Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Draw near

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. (James 4:7, 8 ESV)

Today's Beth Moore study on James was on the above verses. This sounds easy enough but it's a lot harder when putting it into practice. And it is impossible without help from God. As a matter of fact I had a conversation with a friend today about things we used to do but don't anymore. God literally took the desire away to do certain things. Could I have stopped on my own? Maybe, but not for long.

I never understood until it happened to me. I drew near to God and He drew near to me, like for real! My eyes were opened and now I want EVERYONE'S eyes to be opened. If only they knew how much better life could be. But they involves submitting yourself to God. Submitting is not a favorable word these days. But when you understand what that means and the freedom that comes with it, you are glad to do it.

I'll end with these 2 points from, you got it, my friend Beth :)

He knows the well- deliberated plan for your life and how all things must fall into place for you to fulfill your destiny. So submit to God.

The devil is trying to steal from you and destroy you and make it look like it was all your idea. So, girlfriend, submit to God.

No comments: