Saturday, February 18, 2012

He's still working on me...

So I've slacked on blogging the last few days. This week has just been hard. But I've learned some things and plan on making some changes. This makes me think of a song we used to sing when we were kids, "He's still working on me, to make me what I ought to be....."

I what to live with no regrets. Stepping out of my comfort zone and loving others regardless of how much it hurts. By that I mean, talking to, helping, and actually caring for those that need it most. The hurting. The broken. The sick. The abused. The forgotten. And you know what? That is going to hurt. It's going to hurt because I can't do those things without involving my heart. It's been easier to just act like I don't see those people. But I always regret that because I really do see them and kick myself for not doing what God is gently pushing me to do.

I've also realized that wisdom from above is in no way, form or fashion harsh. I've heard lots of Christian's and myself included be a little harsh in telling others about the truth. Sometimes we just want to be right that we don't care how we sound. Harshness probably makes people just tune us out.

With that being said, the truth is still the truth whether a person believes it or not. For instance, I can tell you a cop is 2 miles up the road and you shouldn't speed. You can say you don't believe there is a cop and go on your merry way. However, you go speeding by and although you didn't believe there was a cop, the truth is there was and now you are getting a ticket.

Back to the whole wisdom thing. James 3:17 "The wisdom from above is first pure, then peace loving, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits, without favoritism and hypocrisy".

Beth Moore wrote in her study:
Harsh people are never wise people. The may be smart. They may even be right. But they are not what the Bible calls wise.

This James study is some good stuff and like I've said before- James is all up in my business!

No comments: