Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Birthday to my little Ground Hog!

Today is Reese's 5th birthday! Where has the time gone? Bailey was 5 when he was born and it just doesn't seem like either one of them should be 5 and 10.

I made him pancakes for breakfast, which are his favorite. Since he is allergic to eggs he doesn't eat cake so I made cake batter balls. He was so excited but after eating them he really didn't like them. He was so sweet though and told me it was ok, he would just eat the outside of it, which was a candy coating.

We went skating tonight and that didn't go as well as I planned. He was over confident thinking it would be easy but it wasn't. I was over confident thinking I had skated a bunch as a kid and it wouldn't be a big deal. We were both wrong! I busted it right away. I couldn't keep myself up and him too which resulted in a disaster. He still had fun and I'm sure we will do it again.

I did witness a pretty funny parent moment. The song "tootsie roll" came on. That was from back in the day so none of the kids paid attention to it. However, all around the room you could see the mommas dancing or at least moving a little. I have to admit I kinda wanted to break it down :). I guess I should have because my cool points were already in the negative at that point. Oh well, next time, if I can stay on my feet long enough!

No comments: