Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Reese Question

After seeing all the pictures of brooms on facebook I decided to give it a try. Well, my broom is a little lopsided so I couldn't get it to balance. I did however manage to get attention from my very observant 5 yr old.

"Momma, what are you doing?"

"Nothing Reese. Just thought I'd try to balance this broom."

Reese tried it too and actually did get it to balance a few more seconds than me. As he put the broom back in the closet he noticed the steam mop. And began asking a bunch of questions about why I don't use it.

Before I give my response I would like to say the steam mop is not a friend to hard wood floors. I thought it would be perfect and make cleaning easier but I was wrong. It left white spots on the floor so now it is a closet decoration.

Back to the story.....to avoid getting into a lengthy explanation I told Reese that I decided not to clean anymore. He got upset and said "Momma, you don't want our house to get infested with cock roaches do you, you have to clean!". He was genuinely upset.

I guess I should learn that what I think is a quick response that won't brinng a lot of questions - usually works out the opposite :)

No comments: