Monday, March 26, 2012

Boundaries

The day after we moved we were really busy unpacking so Reese decided he could do what he wanted. Which was crawling out his window. And attempting to go visit his friend that lives 2 doors down. Except that he went the wrong way. Luckily Bailey got him right before he rang the door bell to our next door neighbor. I just don't know what goes through his mind. I really don't think it ever stops.

Changing the subject now. This last Saturday was our last bible study on James. I was sad to see it come to an end. Part of the last lesson was on boundaries. We were given 4 solid boundaries we shouldn't cross.
1. I can't.
2. Unauthorized danger.
When you try to help someone outside of God's will and despite your good intentions the situation is not good. Don't do it!
3. My help doesn't help.
You can't help someone that doesn't want help. If you want it or are trying harder than the person needing help it's time to walk away.
4. It's wrong.
If someone ask you to lie to cover up their sin, don't do it.

As usual this came at a time that I needed to hear these things. If you haven't read the book Boundaries I highly recommend it. I may read it again soon. I will list one other sentence that resonated with me. "our narcissistic culture makes it easy to twist the concept of boundaries into a practice Jesus didn't teach.".

A to the men!!

No comments: