Saturday, January 21, 2012

Almost speechless

The writers block is gone for tonight and I may end up boring you to death. This morning me and a wonderful group of ladies started Beth Moore's study on James: Mercy Triumphs. It was AMAZING!

I have so much to say that I may not make sense. I will give it my best shot but will say if you ever the opportunity to do this study, for the love, do it. You won't regret it I promise.

We start off by being introduced to James, Jesus' half brother and probably the first born natural child of Mary and Joseph. We learn that James and his siblings kinda poked fun at Jesus and didn't believe him to be the Messiah. But, James doesn't remain an unbeliever.

We go back to when Jesus was resurrected. The first point was this:

1. Jesus appeared to those who needed to see Him most.

Can anyone relate to that? I know I can. Jesus revealed himself to me when I needed it most. A lot of stubborn folks (like me) have to hit rock bottom before they start looking for Him. And He will not disappoint.

He also showed himself to Mary Magdalene. He had cleansed her of 7 demons previously. She was the only one at the tomb when Jesus arose. She was very upset. Beth made the point that maybe she wanted to be the last place she saw Him. Maybe she was thinking about what He saved her from and thinking her identity was based on that. He knew she needed to see Him. The other person was Paul and at the time he was persecuting Christians. He needed to see Jesus to have a life transformation. And lastly he appeared to James.

Not much is said. Just that He appeared to him. Beth adds that the details aren't given because it's probably none of our business. It was a personal conversation much like when we encounter Him. It is about a personal Savior not a public figure.

She went into great discussion on family which really hit home for me. There is no way I can articulate that part of the study. Very powerful stuff. I will leave you with this, the last point:

The power of the resurrection means that nothing but the tomb is meant to be empty.

Looking forward to the next 7 weeks as hard as they may be.

No comments: