Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I just don't understand

I have almost gotten to where I can't watch the news on a daily basis. There are some really bad people in this world that do horrible things to others. How can someone be so evil?

It seems that things are getting worse but then I read about Saul being so jealous of David that he wants to kill him. When he finds out that certain men helped and prayed for David he had them bring their families to him. He questioned their actions and had them ALL killed. That is awful! It also said that Saul "grew strong" by destroying others. Again, just awful.

But we probably know at least one person that loves to stir up trouble at the expense of others. I have learned that people like that or people that pick on people not capable of taking up for themselves are super insecure. They feel better about themselves by bringing others down.

But, sometimes bad situations and tragedies bring us closer to God or bring us to Him period. That is for sure how I came to know Him. We live in a fallen world but He is our hope. God will repay evil. I can't imagine the warfare that goes on in the spiritual realm but I trust that all things work for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

No comments: