Monday, January 30, 2012

Consider it great joy....

Consider it great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. James 1: 2-3.

Wouldn't it make you feel better if that verse said "Consider it great joy when your kids listen to you?". Or when lose a few pounds? Or when you catch a break?

But it doesn't and actually John 16:33 says    33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

It doesn't say IF you have troubles it says WHEN. I was never promised a cake walk but I am promised that he will never leave nor forsake me. In trying times, that is when I lean on Him and feel the closest to my heavenly father. I can't say I would change anything and give up those valuable times of learning and feeling peace.

There are a lot of people around me that are struggling. Me included. I am praying for healing, restoration and for God's hand to be upon these situations. I am believing in miracles tonight.

No comments: