Wednesday, January 25, 2012

When I am weak, then I am strong

Y'all, I am struggling today. I feel like I am straight up being attacked. I don't know much about spiritual warfare but I can't help but think that is what is going on.

Ephesians 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

According to the above verse spiritual warfare is real. Not only is it real but it's alive and well. But, I'm clinging to God's promises. I'm looking back on all the prayers that have been answered and answered recently. Not all prayers are answered in the way I want but the Lord hears me. He hears my cries for help and I know He will not let me down. The enemy will not get the best of me. Fear and doubt do not belong in my heart.

In the midst of my coming apart this verse came to mind, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

When I am weak Jesus gives me the strength I need to be strong. Strength, comfort and peace that can only come from Him. I am thankful and hopeful. Never give up.

No comments: