Sunday, January 15, 2012

Wonderful day at NVC

Denson and I had a great conversation yesterday. He went hunting Friday and had lots of time to pray and think. The funny thing is....both of us came away from our time with God feeling the exact same about our situation. We have been struggling in this economy and if I think about it, the fact that we are "struggling" means we are still in business. We have been blessed over and over. We are both Ok with however things turn out. Not that God needs us to be ok, besides he knows how this story will end.

As God is working in us the enemy Is working also. As we go into church, anxiety and worry start to creep back in. No, I will not listen to the lies I tell my myself. We are in the house of the Lord! Everything about the service spoke to me. The music and the sermon.

I absolutely love the song, "Lead Me to the Cross". The lyrics:
Lead me the cross where your love poured out
Bring me to my knees Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself I belong to you
Oh lead me, lead me to the cross.[Chorus (x2)]

Another song, God is Able:
Lifted up
He defeated the grave
Raised to life
Our God is able
In His name
We overcome
For the Lord
Our God is able

Then we go to the sermon. One of the points was: Be aware! A lie can sound like the truth. In Luke, when Jesus was in the wilderness,Satan tempted him. He even spoke scripture to him. The enemy knows the bible better than we do.

Second point was: Be real! Faith must be committed to practice.
You know, I hear a lot of people say they don't want to become a Christ follower because there are too many rules to follow. I used to think
that myself. I didn't want to give up my sin. I knew some of the things i did were wrong but it didn't matter. However, when I let Christ in it
wasn't about rules. It was about Jesus. It was about Him making me new. He took the desire away for the old habits. Your life changes
and you WANT to be better.

When you feel close to God and things seem to be going right, watch out and stand firm in your faith.

No comments: