Saturday, January 14, 2012

I have a new line for the kids

I don't have any big revelations from today's study but I did come away from with a laugh and something new to say to the kids. On David's plight to get away from Saul he went to Achish king of Gath. Achish recognized him and David was afraid he had been found out. To save himself he started acting like a madman, making marks on the doors of the gate and letting saliva run down his beard. That is hilarious to me!!

What is more funny is that Achish asked his servants "Am I so short of madmen that you have to bring this fellow here to carry on like this in front of me?".

Oh my, I feel like I live with someone that acts just like this, except for maybe the saliva dripping down his face. I even have several walls in my house that have been marked on. So, the next Reese acts like an animal and Bailey comes to tell on him, I will totally use this line. Can't wait to see their faces!

No comments: