Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jealousy

Jealousy is usually not looked upon in a good light. Especially when it comes to Saul. He was very jealous of David. And really when you think about it, it was probably hard not to be. Everything David did, he was really good at. The people sang his praises and don't you know that got to Saul? I mean, we all probably know a "David". And we've been jealous at some point. Not good.

Now the next kind of jealousy really confuses me. God being jealous for us. Beth Moore says this - He is jealous on our behalf, jealous for us to know Him, to be kept from evil, to be ready for our Bridegroom. I also googled it and most everyone said God is jealous when we put anything before him. I'm not sure that both mean the same thing? I also think of the song "How He Loves" and the first line says "He is jealous for me. Loves like a hurricane, bending beneath the weight of his love and mercy.".

So, I need to figure that out.

Switching gears. Bailey is such a strong girl. She is not emotional at all. Very unlike me, but I really admire that quality. She loves to read and she started a new book today. I can't recall now what the book was about but it took place in a time where racism was prevalent. She told me about how one of the characters was racist and it made her want to cry. I am so glad she has compassion and knows how wrong racism is. Anything that makes her want to cry - I know it has touched her heart. Love my Bailey!

Reese on the other hand is emotional just like me! Bless him! The last few days he has been into words that rhyme and words that start with the same letter. Today he says "Hey Momma, private part and proactive start with the same letters!". He was so proud of himself. Can't wait to find out who else he shares that nugget of information with!

No comments: