Friday, January 6, 2012

Wonderful reminder and a Reese funny

I'm having a hard time deciding which one to start with....... I'll start with Reese. He absolutely loves Billy the Exterminator, Swamp People, Swamp Loggers etc. He never forgets anything so I don't know why the conversation we had this morning surprised me. It went like this: Reese: Momma, what is this green stuff? Me: What green stuff? Reese: I think it's snake peces. Me: What???? Reese: You know snake poop. Never short a laugh around here.

Today I got into the meat of the David and Goliath story. When Saul sent for David and was convinced that this boy was the man for the job he gave him his armor to wear to battle. But it was too big for him and he took it off. One of the questions in my study was: what pieces of armor do you still find yourself reaching for, not quite sure that God's Word and His promises are enough to depend on? At times I still try to figure things out and not rely on God. Second question was: What makes these extras and add ons so heavy after awhile? When I carry burdens not meant for me to carry, it gets heavy real fast.

Here are the points that really spoke to me. These are from Beth Moore's study on David:
We should measure the size of our obstacles against the size of our God.

We tend to measure our obstacles against our own strength. We often feel overwhelmed and defeated before the battle begins.

We need to acknowledge an active and living God in our lives.

We're often intimidated in battle because we are uncertain of our faith. But we must remember we dont stand in victory because of our faith. We stand in victory because of our God. Faith in faith is pointless, but faith in a living, active God moves mountains.

No comments: