Thursday, January 5, 2012

And here we go.....

Days like today are the reason I made a commitment to blog daily. I am realizing that I have to be intentional with spending time with God. I can no longer say "I'm tired, I'll read extra tomorrow." or "I've had a long day, I deserve to watch a little tv.". I have been tempted to do that today.

All 4 of us are battling chest colds and I'm trying to keep us medicated so we don't end up going to the doctor. However, after 2 bottles of cough syrup and another 40 bucks spent at CVS, I'm thinking we may be better off just to go. Oh, and then Bailey probably has a concussion. She fell and hit the back of her head. After consulting with nurse Misty and the pediatrician i knew what to look for and will be waking her every four hours for two nights. And this is when I stop before I go on a rant that could last for hours....

Today's study was on the beginning of the story about David and Goliath. Now that is a story known by many. But I learned something new. I learned that David's brother Eliab was not very nice to him. But that did not stop David. Your family can either really encourage you or do the opposite

David remained undaunted by Eliab's criticisms for one reason: David took God's Word over the opinion of others. - Beth Moore

Aim to please God and not man.

No comments: