Friday, January 13, 2012

God Reminders

I feel like I've been reminded a lot lately of God's promises. I remember when I was first saved. I read the bible and prayed like crazy. I felt like God was with me all the time. Then I got complacent and life continued to get more hectic. I felt so far away from Him. I was very discouraged and just lonely. The reminders of the pit of depression he pulled me from, the people he placed in my life, the timing of so many things.....all reminders that he has never left me.

This morning I listened to a sermon by Charles Stanley about faith. Some of the scriptures were familiar stories that I needed to hear. The centurion and his servant and the women who had bleeding issues. Yes, that is some faith!

Love, love, love when I spend the morning in quiet and come away refreshed. After hearing the sermon, my morning study was on the same thing. It talked about David being on the run. He went to Nob and specifically to the priest Ahimelech. He asked for 5 loaves of bread. There was no bread to be found except for the bread of the Presence. Leviticus 24:5-9 says "This bread is to be set out before the lord regularly, Sabbath after Sabbath, on behalf of the Israelites, as a lasting covenant.".

I wonder if this reminded David of God's covenant with Him? Or did he remember all the things the Lord had saved him from at that moment maybe giving him strength to continue? The last possible reminder was this. He asked for a weapon since he left with nothing. The only weapon around was a sword that had belonged to GOLIATH! The giant he killed with a sling shot.

I can almost hear him say "Ok,Lord I hear you, we got this.". Keep your focus where with your faith is.

No comments: